Getting Service for Your Business

Start or Transfer Existing Service

When your business needs power for a location that already has a meter or has had a meter in the past.

Whether you're new to Bluebonnet or an existing member, it's easy to turn on the power.  There are three simple ways to start the process:

  1. Start online
  2. Call 800-842-7708
  3. Visit a Member Service Center

If you'd like to start electric service on the phone or in person, be sure to have the following documents and information handy:

  1. Service and mailing addresses
  2. Phone number
  3. Driver’s license
  4. Tax ID
  5. Read sample Member Agreement or our Spanish version

Install Service at New Development or Site

When your business needs power for a new commercial development or a new location that has never had electric service.

The process involves several steps, so be sure to contact Bluebonnet as soon as possible to allow time for powerline design and construction. Start online, call or visit any of our utility experts listed below.

Commercial and Residential Developers

Commercial and residential developers can find complete details about Bluebonnet’s fees, documentation, process, construction specifications and other important information in our Commercial Developers Packet or Residential Developers Packet.

For additional information, contact any of our utility experts:

Rodney Gerik

Shawn Ely

Bill Scoggins

Thomas Ellis

For electric service at a new location, you will need a meter loop, a conductive wire that connects the meter to your business. Bluebonnet will provide the necessary specifications. Learn more about meter loops »

Need information about line extensions, such as costs, temporary service and easements? Get details about line extensions »

Changes to Your Existing Service


Increase Electrical Capacity

When your business needs additional power, call 800-842-7708 (select option 3).


Relocate or Remove Existing Electric Equipment or Facilities

When your business needs to change the location of or remove equipment or facilities, call 800-842-7708 (select option 3).

Need information about line extensions, such as costs, temporary service and easements? Get details about line extensions.

Cancel Service

Electric service can only be discontinued by a member in person at a Member Service Center or by phone. The following information is required:

Get started
  1. The service address, account number or meter number
  2. Tax ID
  3. The date electric service should be discontinued
  4. A forwarding address

Contact Us.